Happy October, EMRA! I cannot believe that almost a year, and four seasons (depending on where you live) have whizzed by since I was elected to serve as your Vice Speaker. And what a year it has been!
I am so grateful to have met so many of you. We have had some terrific discussions about EMRA and its future. I appreciate the leadership and dedication to EMRA that our outgoing speaker, Dr. Anant Patel, has shown our organization. We thank him and wish him the best of luck.
As ACEP15 in Boston is quickly approaching, NOW is time to start planning how you are going to make the most of the meeting. One thing you do not want to miss is the election of the new board members at the Representative Council. Of course, before your program representative votes, you must meet the candidates and get the inside scoop!
You also don't want to miss the fantastic programming we have this year. Some other quick must-not-misses (in no particular order):
- EMRA 20 in 6 Resident Lecture Competition. The Education Committee's innovative resident lecture competition makes its debut in Boston.
- The EMRA Job & Fellowship Fair. Let's be honest, while we can be EMRA members for life, we can't be residents forever.
- EMRA Resident SIMWars. I have my money on the team from...
- Rep Council. It's not just for elections. This is EMRA's “mini-Congress” in action. We debate policies, resolutions, and this year we are giving you what you want: The committee and division chairs will update you on not only what is hot in EM right now, but also what great programming and opportunities there are for you to take back to your programs. Come out and take part in discussion on topics affecting your organization and your specialty. Make your opinion heard, and represent your program.
- The EMRA Party. EMRA parties are legendary”¦ and I think that is all that needs to be said.