Become A Member
Your life has never been busier, but you’re driven by the need to help others – it’s why you do what you do. We get it because we’ve been there too. You can rely on us to help you every step of the way, so you can easily find the resources, mentors, and connections you need to succeed.
Why do we do it? Because caring about others is who we are, and that means we care about you too.
EMRA is the largest and oldest independent resident organization in the world. EMRA was founded in 1974 and today has a membership of over 16,000 residents, medical students, fellows, and alumni.
- EMRA membership supports you clinically. New members receive a new member kits chock full of on-shift resources
- EMRA membership supports your interests offering commitees to connect you with like-minded members.
- EMRA membership supports your path offering awards, scholarships and travel stipends
- EMRA membership offers publishing opportunities with EM Resident magazine and EMRA books.
- EMRA membership provides leadership opportunities through our Committees, Rep Council, EMRA Reps to ACEP Committees and Sections and the EMRA Board.
The Emergency Medicine Residents' Association is the voice of emergency medicine physicians-in-training and the future of our specialty.
EMRA Strategic Plan
In January 2016, the EMRA Board of Directors created a three-year strategic plan to ensure we provide extraordinary member value, advocate for our members and steward a sound association.See our strategic planpdf 157.01 KB
|Alumni||$99 (does not include ACEP membership)|
|International Resident||$70 (electronic resources only; does not include any physically mailed items)
$100 (includes shipment of the EMRA Member Kit)
All individuals joining EMRA (other than Alumni members) will also become members of American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP).
Any intern, resident, or fellow in an emergency medicine related field associated with a United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico residency in an emergency medicine residency, whether allopathic or osteopathic.
International Resident Members
Any intern, resident, or fellow interested in emergency medicine who is not a resident of the United States, a possession thereof, or of Canada.
Any medical student of a school accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or the American Osteopathic Association. International student members receive the same benefits as US medical student members.
Any former member of the Emergency Medicine Residents' Association who has a continued interest in the organization and in supporting emergency medicine residency training and the future of emergency medicine.